I often asked myself, why him? Why us? What did we do? Why can't it attack murderers, and rapist? Truth is...I don't have time to ask questions...only time to act. For cancer is not for the weak, it's for the strong...and the strong will SURVIVE!!!

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Radiation - Chemo Week 1 4/2/12

He's sick, he's not supposed to be sick yet.  The medicine isn't working very well.  30 min after radiation, he feels sick.  "Welcome to being pregnant dear."  LOL  but that is my only way to keep me from breaking, is laughing.  Sometimes I see this look on his face where he feels like he's going to be sick...how I wish I could remove it. 

A couple of days before his radiation started his mother had a heart attack and was in the hospital.  I felt like I was going in 20 different directions.  If I wasn't at Duke, I was at Cape Fear, if I wasn't at Cape Fear I was working, if I wasn't working I was changing a diaper or getting dinner on the table.

This was the first week of therapy and I'm thinking...I'm not going to make it.

But by Wednesday my Mother in law is home from the hospital, and Tony is getting used to the nausea. 

Friday, Brenda got us another nausea prescription so he wouldn't feel sick.  They don't want him to be uncomfortable...they want him feeling good.  Wait its Friday...We got through the week...best part its Spring break and my parents are coming!!  I will have some more help!! :)

That night, we got a very sad phone call from Frank...his daddy had passed away.  See he too had a heart attack and had been in the hospital...his heart gave out :(  My heart went out to Frank and his family...Tony wanted to be there for Frank, but with him being sick, he was pretty limited...it seems everyone is sick now a days.  I have learned to have faith and faith will pull you through no matter what.  It's what got and is getting me through all of this. 

"Faith is not the belief that he can, but the knowledge that he will." (Mona)

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

    Thanks,

    Cameron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cameron :) How are you? What can I help you with :)

      -Christy

      Delete