I often asked myself, why him? Why us? What did we do? Why can't it attack murderers, and rapist? Truth is...I don't have time to ask questions...only time to act. For cancer is not for the weak, it's for the strong...and the strong will SURVIVE!!!

Thursday, January 31, 2019

Forever His Legacy, Forever My Love

How can I choose the right words to describe the BEST MAN IN THE WORLD?  He was the best father!! He was an amazing lover.  And absolutely the GREATEST PARTNER any one could ask for.  He demanded hard work and dedication.  He didn't believe in excuses.  No matter how sick Tony was, he always showed up.  Especially for his boys.  He was a father who lead by example with strength.  His battle was for his family, for the kids, for me.  His boys made him proud.  He couldn't be disappointed, if he wasn't proud...and to his boys...He was so proud so proud of you all.  You are his legacy.  You will carry on his name.  Tony's legacy of strength, courage, and love for family is one that will continue to live on in every person he came into contact with.  He was a warrior and inspiration to so many.  Tony made sacrifices for his family.  He'd drive hours through the night just to make it to a birthday party while working on the road.  He made it to sporting events despite his pain or sickness.  He was the man that boys looked up to and strived to be.  He believed you were who you associated with...so associate yourself with winners.  Tony was a friend to all.  But if you were a special friend, you were his family.  Family was everything to Tony.  He always said, "At the end of the day, family is all you have and can rely on."  Especially, if you're last name is LEONARD.  He'd always say to the boys, "You're a Leonard.  Its in your blood boy."  But if Tony called you family, it wasn't about blood...it was about love and trust.

Tony proved to me that TRUE LOVE does exist.  Tony loved me more than I loved myself.  He loved my faults, he loved my freckles, he loved my smiles, and my frowns.  He knew how I was feeling by the looks on my face, and he knew what kind of day I was going to have just by how I woke up.  Tony and I hated being apart.  We could sit on the phone for hours and listen to each other breathe.  If we blew up each others phones, it wasn't because we didn't trust one another, it was because we missed each other.  Tony brought me roses when I was getting my hair done...it was our wedding anniversary.  He was romantic and kind.  I was his queen and he was my king.  He exemplified how a husband treats a wife.  He demonstrated passion and understanding.  He trusted me with everything he had; and I him.  He defended me, and would put me first.  There were days that he'd drive me crazy, and I'd yell and fuss at him, but those moments would only last about 5 minutes.  Tony and I didn't sweat the small stuff.  Because most likely it was all small stuff.  Just thinking about him makes me smile...but it also makes me miss him oh so much.

I have no regrets, no stone was left unturned.  We did everything we had ever wanted to do.  No secrets, nothing left unsaid.  I am so blessed and grateful he allowed me to spend the rest of his life with him, and for the rest of mine, I will love him forever.

What is the message?  Life is short, and its what you make it.  If you're happy, embrace it, if you're not, DO something about it.  Love one another and support your family and friends.  Enjoy your life, because you only get one.  Pick up the phone and call each other, spend the day in bed with someone you love.  Tony said, "Life is determined by the choices you make."  Make the BEST of each moment and don't dwell in the bad.  "Regardless of how bad the news is, you still have a tomorrow.  The sun will still come up." (Tony Leonard)  Life goes on.  We're still going to get up every morning, and go to work, and school; and no matter what, Tony is always going to be there.  He's always going to be watching over us.  This journey has taught me what unconditional love is, but most importantly, its taught me how to live.




4 comments:

  1. Extremely touching and living. So very sorry for ur tremendous loss. Tony sounds like an angel and he is probably with the angels watching over ur family. You didn't mention how long he was sick or his stage of stomach cancer. It is a horrible disease and not prevalent in the USA. Good luck to you and your loved ones. Sounds like u have so many wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. U all are forever in my heart and prayers! This is so beautiful yet sad in ways! Thank u for sharing about the wonderful Tony for us to get to know what he was like. I wish i could have met him. He reminds me of myself in ways about family.. To me everyone is family blood or not. God bless and take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. I think Tony was the bravest and strong person who never give up. His love for his family is incredible. If we maintain our lifestyle and routine and add some healthy habits that we can avoid cancer permanently.
    If someone suffers from cancer than I advice you to take the treatment from best oncologist of Jaipur.

    ReplyDelete