I often asked myself, why him? Why us? What did we do? Why can't it attack murderers, and rapist? Truth is...I don't have time to ask questions...only time to act. For cancer is not for the weak, it's for the strong...and the strong will SURVIVE!!!

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Hey Doc...I Think I Have An Ulcer 11-5-11

Ok...its Nov 5, Tony turns 39 and its time for our yearly physicals.  Only as an adult you don't get shots, you get blood drawn.  LOL

"Hey Doc, be sure to ask Tony about his stomach.  Its been bothering him a lot latly when he eats.  He's stuborn and won't tell you."  Little did I know that that simple request would change our life forever.

A month later, its time to meet with the GI doc to schedule his scope.  Becuase of the holidays we get in on 1/26/12. 

"No ulcer, no hernia, no tumors.  Everything looks great.!!  Just some irritation but its probably just some bacteria; the biopsis will tell us for sure."  Says the doc as Tony and I are high 5ing eachother.

A few days later we get a letter that he has a follow up in a month.  DOUBLE HIGH 5's.

Friday 2/3/12 830am - RING, RING....Who is calling me this early? 

"Yes ma'am this is the nurse from the doctor's office.  We need your husband to come in tomorrow morning at 0800 if at all possible."

IM SORRY WHAT??  On a Saturday?  Who wants to see their patient on a Saturday?  I drop the phone and broke down.  After losing my brother to lung cancer almost 2 years before to the day, I knew what that phone call was all about. 

Now I had to tell Tony without him worrying...

No comments:

Post a Comment