I often asked myself, why him? Why us? What did we do? Why can't it attack murderers, and rapist? Truth is...I don't have time to ask questions...only time to act. For cancer is not for the weak, it's for the strong...and the strong will SURVIVE!!!

Thursday, April 5, 2012

The News 2/4/12

What do I wear?  Do I wear makeup?  Does it matter?... it will just run everywhere.  The longest 5 min of my life waiting for the doc to come in.

"Explain your symptoms again Mr. Leonard?" said the doc

- When I eat it burns/slight nausea feeling
- Diarrhea

"But his symptoms went away when he changed his diet to chicken and fish..." I said.

"You're so young." Doc says.

Have you lost weight? No
Blood in your stool? No
Thrown up? No
Loss of appetite? No
Cancer in your family? - Not that I know of

Ok enough with the questions already what is it?

"You're so young."
 "I want to do another endoscopy to confirm these results."

"What results?"  I asked

The doctor waits...

"What cancer?" Tony blurts out

The doctor nods, and says, "but you're so young."

If there is anything I have learned...cancer is not prejudice at all!!!  It doesn't care how old you are, your race, sex, religion, anything.

Hand in hand, with tears in our eyes, we walk out of that room...our life changed forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment