I often asked myself, why him? Why us? What did we do? Why can't it attack murderers, and rapist? Truth is...I don't have time to ask questions...only time to act. For cancer is not for the weak, it's for the strong...and the strong will SURVIVE!!!

Thursday, April 5, 2012

How Do We Tell His Mom...How Do We Tell Our Kids?

Cindy, sit down, we have something to tell you.  Tony's eyes filled up with tears.  Tony also barried his only brother just a little over 2 years ago.  The results aren't good.  I think she knew cause she said, cancer before we did.  At that time we learned that her father died of stomach cancer...but he was 78...not 39.

She cried, and said she would pray.  That we would beat it...NO MATTER what.

Anthoney (19) sweetie sit down.  There is no easy way to say this.  Daddy has cancer...tears, tears, and more tears.

Austin (11) Hey baby, come sit down for a second.  Daddy's sick.  Daddy has cancer...after no facial reaction, Austin, its ok to cry...and then he cried.  We both cried.  I sat there holding him and assured him we would get through it and Daddy would be ok.

Alec (15) The hardest one of them all.  Tony told him that he was sick.  How sick?  I have cancer.  I don't think Alec ever cried so hard in all his life.  I don't think my heart had ever broken for a child like it did that day.  Alec went up to his room and started calling his best friends.  The people he would lean on the most during these next months.

Now it was time to tell the rest of the family and our friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment