I often asked myself, why him? Why us? What did we do? Why can't it attack murderers, and rapist? Truth is...I don't have time to ask questions...only time to act. For cancer is not for the weak, it's for the strong...and the strong will SURVIVE!!!

Thursday, April 5, 2012

How I Told My Extended Family 2/10/2012

Good Morning Family!!! :)

I hate that I am having to use Facebook to share this news, but sometimes its easier than making a dozen phone calls. Some of you already know, but we received some sad news over the weekend, which was 90% confirmed Monday, and 100% confirmed yesterday.

Tony was diagnosed with stomach cancer. He is handling the news as best as can be expected, however the boys are each handling it differently. Of course Aydin and Ashton have no idea, and we will keep it that way.

Tony was having some stomach issues which we thought was an ulcer. During his upper GI they took some biopsies which came back positive. As a result they did a second procedure for a second opinion on Monday, being that he had no symptoms. Tuesday they did a CT of his abdeman (sp) which thankfully could not detect any cancer. Thursday morning we got the second set of biopsy results which confirmed the cancer.

We belive we caught it very early being that his WBC is still normal and his symptoms are few. We have an appointment at Duke Medical which is  #12 in the country for stomach cancer. His surgeon is Dr. Theodore Pappas who is one of if not the best GI surgeons out there. We will see him on 2/20/12 to get the official diagnosis. Stage, Treatment plan, etc.

Most likely he will have surgery and chemo. Surgery will be done either 2/24/12 (Aydin's 4th b-day) or 3/2/12. I will be in Raleigh the whole time he is in surgery and in the hospital recovering.

Now with tears in my eyes, I'm BEGGING you all to pray. Pray for Tony and PLEASE Pray for our kids. We already lost one person way too early, lets not lose another one. I will do my best to keep everyone posted.

I love you all very much, and though I may not talk to you each and every day, I do think about you all always. There is a crapy 2 year anniversary coming up and I know we are all thinking of Mike. I am sure you can all agree wtih me that CANCER SUCKS!!! God Bless!!!

Love,

Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment