I often asked myself, why him? Why us? What did we do? Why can't it attack murderers, and rapist? Truth is...I don't have time to ask questions...only time to act. For cancer is not for the weak, it's for the strong...and the strong will SURVIVE!!!

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Monday Feb 20, 2012

After what seemed like an eternity, we finally got to Duke.  Dr. Pappas was awesome.  He answered all my questions before I asked.

"So how do we treat this?  We remove the whole stomach.  We connect your esophegus to your small intestine, remove the lymph nodes in the surrounding area, put in a JTube and go from there.  You will eat 6 small meals a day instead of 3 large. Vitimin b12 shots for the rest of your life.."

"Too easy."  Said Tony, as I'm still trying to swallow it all.

How soon shall we do this?  No longer than 3 weeks.

When the doctor left, he wanted to view the Duke Pathology report to decide when in fact to do surgery.  In walks his nurse.  Ok looks like surgery is scheduled for this Friday.  Pre-Op will be Thursday.  Can you make it?  As I scrape my chin off the floor...how am I going to get 5 kids squared away in 2 days?...we nodded our heads, sure, sounds good.

On the way home, I called my sister Jaime who lives in Fayetteville.  "How much notice do you need to take off from work?"  My sister was my angel that day.  She was there Wednessday night, went home and stayed all 10 days we were gone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment