I often asked myself, why him? Why us? What did we do? Why can't it attack murderers, and rapist? Truth is...I don't have time to ask questions...only time to act. For cancer is not for the weak, it's for the strong...and the strong will SURVIVE!!!

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Patient Advocate 3-14-12

So the day of Tony's CT, I started to stomp my feet again at Duke.  Why haven't I heard from oncology.  I am NOT going to wait until post op to have these appointments that will take 2 weeks.  I want to meet with them NOW DARNIT!!  I wasn't sure what to do next except complain and threaten to go to another hospital until I heard from someone. 

It must have been a blessing.  On the way back from Duke we got a wonderful phone call from Brenda, our patient advocate.  She was sooo nice and sweet and answered ALLL of my questions.  She let me talk and express my anxiety with cancer.  She listened to my talk about losing Mike (my brother who died of lung cancer at the age of 30, 2 years ago) and how I couldn't lose Tony.  I told her how I wasn't sure where we were supposed to go after surgery regarding oncology, and I wanted everything to be ready to go with chemo, radiation, whatever needed to happen once he was cleared from surgery in 2 weeks.

The VERY NEXT DAY (Wednesday)...she called me with 2 oncology appointments for that Monday.  One with radiation and one with chemo.  I was happier than two pigs in $H!%.  LOL  Finally I was going to get all the answers to my questions... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment