I often asked myself, why him? Why us? What did we do? Why can't it attack murderers, and rapist? Truth is...I don't have time to ask questions...only time to act. For cancer is not for the weak, it's for the strong...and the strong will SURVIVE!!!

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Welcome Home

Wow, home sweet home...or was it?  Oh how nice was it to come home, our own bed, our own things...a shower!!!  April (Tony's boss) was there with her family putting away groceries.  WOW  One less thing I have to worry about. :) 

It was so nice to be home...but Tony couldn't pick up Ashton, who greeted him with a big hello,  and didn't understand why!!  Tony was tired and just wanted to lay in his bed.  It was time to unload the truck, start some laundry, and set up Tony's tube feed machine.  Everything they taught me in the hospital, I now had to do on my own.  Shots, flushing his tube every 4 hours, reminding him to drink fluids...but not too fast, hook him up on his feeding tube and keep the little ones away...ALL AT THE SAME TIME.  Yikes!!  I don't think anyone prepares you for that. 

Just as I got Tony all settled in bed, there was a knock at the door.  Terri brought dinner...YUM!!  How kind of her. :)  April with groceries, Terri with dinner...careful, I could get used to this.  All of our friends and family were so wonderful. 

My sister had done such a great job with the kids, I had to get them back in their routine and out of being spoiled LOL  I got my house in order, but now it was time to explain to the kids how important it was for daddy to rest and not lift anything, how he needed to rest, and ask for a little big more help around the house and with the kids.  As it says in the Bible...and on the 7th day he rested...yeah she rested...ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment