I often asked myself, why him? Why us? What did we do? Why can't it attack murderers, and rapist? Truth is...I don't have time to ask questions...only time to act. For cancer is not for the weak, it's for the strong...and the strong will SURVIVE!!!

Friday, June 23, 2017

I'm Cooking As Fast As I Can Dial

OK Its Friday night.  I had a long week at work.  It happens.  It was nice actually.  No trips to Duke, no scans, just a normal work week.  What the heck is that like?  It means its Friday night and I'm cooking as fast as I can dial cause I sure as heck don't feel like pulling out the pots and pans.  Do you have ANY IDEA how good it felt to order pizza and pasta and not have a reason other than I felt like it.  It was like a sigh of relief.  There doesn't always have to be a CANCER reason, sometimes it can be a NORMAL reason.  Like happy hour at 5 will still go on whether chemo is going on or not.  Actually, I think my brother ordered pizza and had it delivered during his chemo come to think of it.

I called Alec and wined...whatchya doing?  You fly I'll buy.  Too bad he was playing basketball...so we decided on delivery.  Not much to order for take out this way that delivers...the joys of being in the country.  So Pizza Hut it was.  Tony actually came to the table tonight.  He's so frail, but all the matters to me is that we still have our family dinners.  Sometimes family dinners are in the bedroom and that's ok too.

The rules can change at the drop of a hat and THAT IS OK!!!  Sometimes the laundry piles up, and sometimes I order take out.  Cancer or not, don't we ALL feel that way sometimes?

I'm cooking as fast as I can dial, has to be my favorite post it note.  My sister Kathleen would agree.  Sometimes life just happens so fast we have to take short cuts.  I don't know who ever invented the word short cut, its called making life easier and who said it EVER had to be hard.  Its really what we make it to be.  And rules?  What rules?  That's all up for discussion.

Maybe I should come off my soap box now and laugh, smile, and say, you know what??  Today was a GREAT DAY!!!  TGIF  Today I will smile and feel GREAT about it!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Christy
    I have been reading your journey, what a great family unit you all are x I am also messaging as my 64yr old mother has just been diagnosed and we are devastated! We are still awaiting some test results before they advise us on a treatment plan, is there any advice you can give? My mum is a fit active working mother to 4 adult children and 12 grand children, she is not ready to give up! We are also not ready to say goodbye x keep up the great work and we can only hope we have a result like yours x blessings
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH AMANDA I am so terribly sorry to hear about your mom!!! YES I can of course offer some advise. Make sure you go to Debbiesdream.org and register. Its free. I have met so many amazing contacts all over the world from DDF. Second...BREATH. Its going to be ok, I promise. There is a great group on facebook stomach cancer warriors and caregivers, feel free to join that as well. DDF will set you up with a PREP mentor for free. Are you in the UK? feel free to email me any time christy.l.leonard@gmail.com

      Delete