I often asked myself, why him? Why us? What did we do? Why can't it attack murderers, and rapist? Truth is...I don't have time to ask questions...only time to act. For cancer is not for the weak, it's for the strong...and the strong will SURVIVE!!!

Friday, June 16, 2017

One Minute Its in His Liver....The next its Not???

There is nothing worse than getting a scan and reading the report and seeing one word...METISTATIC.  It always makes your heart drop, eyes fill up with tears, and puts a lump in your throat where you feel like if you swallow your saliva you might just throw it up because it won't go down.

Tuesday afternoon was just that.  The radiology report we received suggested Tony had metistatic disease in his liver.  This meant only 5 weeks post op Tony's cancer wsa spreading.  I didn't even know how to react.  My emotions put me in a depression I had never felt.  I couldn't believe this was actually happening.

Sitting the boys down was the hardest part.  Aydin asked me if Daddy's cancer was back when he saw me crying in the car on the way to therapy.  All I kept thinking was, will he even make it to Christmas?  I didn't know how the hell I was supposed to stay strong.  Then of course I shared the news with the other boys and their tears broke me.

I emailed Tony's surgeon immediatly.

"TONY'S CANCER IS SPREADING" I put in the subject line.

Dr. Pappas emailed me back right away requesting the CD.  I already had it sent via overnight so Duke could take a look at it.

Wednesday afternoon my phone rang.  Duke Radiology had already read the report.  THEY DISAGREED WITH THE REPORT!!!  They said NO EVIDENCE OF DISEASE at the liver!!! :)

Aparently the blood was flowing funky which can appear to be tumor like in appearance.  Now the question is who do I beleive?

Friday couldn't come fast enough.  We met with Tony's new oncologist and she too agree with Duke's report after she reviewed the scan.

"We will run some tests on your tumor to determine whether we start you on immunotherapy or chemotherapy.  In the mean time, Tony has to get his strength back."  We have 6 weeks to get him strong.  We don't need any more delays in treatment.

While this is great news and a sigh of relif, its hard to not have some anxiety about cancer floating around in his body with no course of treatment keeping it at bay.  But then again, its about quality of life as well.  We get to enjoy the next 6 weeks!!!  HELLO SUMMER!!!!





1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete