I often asked myself, why him? Why us? What did we do? Why can't it attack murderers, and rapist? Truth is...I don't have time to ask questions...only time to act. For cancer is not for the weak, it's for the strong...and the strong will SURVIVE!!!

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

....When Your Gut Is Right

Why did I say Christmas?  Why was that always what stuck out in my mind?  I told them...I told them they can't find it.  THE CANCER IS THERE...YOU JUST CAN'T SEE IT!!!  I mean I get it...diffused cancer, it doesn't show on scans.  HE CANT POOP DOC!!!  HE THROWS IT ALL UP DOC!!!  HE IS IN PAIN DOC!!  SOMETHING IS WRONG DOC!!!  An obstruction...no cancer Ms. Leonard.  THEN FIX IT...and so it was.

DOC...He can't control his bladder.  Hes only 45 doc.  WHATS WRONG DOC??  Its the cancer I'm telling you.  Ms. Leonard, we don't see any cancer.  THEN WHATS WRONG???  He tested positive for a UTI.  Antibiotics are waiting for him at the pharmacy.

DOC...He can't control his bowels.  ITS THE CANCER...I know it is.  Christy, I'm admitting him and we will scan his spine...prepare yourself.  Back to Duke for a 3 hour MRI.  I'm ready Doc, just tell me.  SCANS ARE CLEAR!!!  WHAT???  SERIOUSLY???  THEN WHATS WRONG??  ITS THE CANCER I KNOW IT IS.  Ms. Leonard we think its his nutrition...let start TPN.

Happy Birthday Tony...time to start TPN, when do you want to come to the hospital?  Can it be after the boys football game this weekend?  Its the second round of the playoffs and I don't want him to miss it.  Absolutely the doc says.

DOC!!!  HES PROJECTILE VOMITTING, HIS BELLY IS SWOLLEN...WHAT DO I DO DOC?  I'm admitting him Christy.  NOOOO He's going to miss the game...Christy, get it together...and so I did.

All this poking and prodding DOC...tell me...TELL ME!!!  We don't have results yet.  Then I'm going home for a couple of days to be with my boys.  I love you honey, see you Thursday Doc.

Phone rings - Yes Doc? Are you home?  Yes.  Are you with the boys?  Yes, but they are in the other room.

I'm sorry to do this over the phone...No Doc, say it aint so...His ascites tested positive for cancer cells...NO...NO...NO!!!!!!!!!!  I am so sorry Christy.  WHY DOC...HE FOUGHT SO HARD!!  But...I knew.  I knew all this time.  My gut told me so. He said, you were right...you were right all along.  I don't want you to tell him, not without me Doc.  NOT ONE PERSON, I'll be there in the morning.

At that moment in time someone reached into my gut, punched me so hard, grabbed my heart and ripped it out.  WHY GOD!????  WHY?  WHY ARE YOU TAKING MY LOVE FROM ME?  WHY ARE YOU TAKING MY BABY'S DADDY?  WHAT DID HE EVER DO?  HE'S A GOOD MAN GOD.  WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME????  YOU TOOK MY BROTHER, YOU TOOK MY FATHER IN LAW, MY MOTHER IN LAW....WHY ARE YOU TAKING HIM FROM OUR FAMILY???

It hurts?  I'm drowning...I can't breath.  The tears are pouring and I have never felt so helpless in my life...then I take a deep breath and email the doc...What are our options Doc???  Tony's too weak for treatment, the recommendation is Hospice......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  any bit left of my heart fell to the floor with each tear my heart shattered.

.....and all I can think about now...is Dear God, how do I tell my boys???  Please pray for all of us.  I still haven't told my little ones...I don't know how.  Now...I am numb, for now my love is aware that his journey is coming to an end.  A journey that he and I both fought so hard to continue till we were 100 years old.  My love, my best friend, my everything.  A piece of me will die with you...I will never be the same...But I promise you this...EVERYONE IN THIS WORLD WILL KNOW ABOUT STOMACH CANCER.  I PROMISE YOU THIS...WITH EVERY BREATH I TAKE, MY BOYS WILL REMEMBER THEIR DADDY, WE WILL CONTINUE TO FIGHT FOR THOSE THAT FIGHT.  YOUR LEGACY WILL BE AMAZING!!!  and...you will always be close to me!!  XOXOX





21 comments:

  1. Loving you and Tony always...and your sweet family. Always fighting for him, you...all of us❤️ Hugs, love, and prayers, Christy❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its Not Fair!!!! Been sitting at my desk checking on line, hoping when you posted that maybe it would say Duke made a mistake, that they could fix Tony again... Man can go to the moon , why can't they fix Tony?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no words that will take away your pain. .. .. Tony's pain.. ..nor the boys. Keeping you,however, in my thoughts and prayers for all. {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m sobbing and sick to my stomach! I’m so very sorry. This is so unfair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tears fall down my face reading this. My heart breaks for you and the boys. Sending you all my love. If I can help in any way please please let me know. Huge Hugs my friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will continue to pray for the miracle my heart knows God Will Do!!!!

    I love you both so much!!!

    I don’t know what you could EVER NEED from me, but it is yours if I can help!


    ReplyDelete
  7. Still praying. Never give up. Just hold each other close

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My heart breaks for you and the boys!!! This monster takes all good people and leaves us empty!! I am praying for you. One of the hardest journeys ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying for you and the family.. Tony will never give up, he's a fighter. you and I both know this. Love you sis...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im so sorry Christy for your pain I see you love your family like no other. Trust in God he makes no mistake i will continue to pray for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Since this afternoon when I read your update, I’ve still not come up with any words beyond how sorry I am to hear about Tony’s cancer. My heart is feeling for you, for him, for your children.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how my heart just broke for your family, I am so sorry. I will have u in every prayer, For comfort, strength, understanding and peace. God be with you all. Much Love from Kentucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Im beyond truly sorry! I hate cancer! Lost my brother due to lung cancer.. The doctor didn't really care in helping or trying. First thing came out of another doctor when we were trying to find help that there was soe way in saving him. The doctor said well u know he's going to die right... Who says that to a mom or a sister and especially in front of my brother to hurt him worse. All the doctors waited to late and claim its sinus. When all along it ws cancer. U all are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My heart hurts to see that this is happening. I've seen this before with stomach cancer and with kidney disease. Its hard hoping something will change when you ultimately know what's to come. The love will always be there. That you can never lose.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cristy..... Awwww baby girl..... I can't seem to find the words. Truth is there probably aren't any tight now that will comfort you. I am soooo sorry! My God he has fought so hard! You Cristy are the definition of marriage. You have stayed by his side through every moment. I love your love for each other. If there is anything I can do for you two or the boys please do not hesitate to ask. I am praying God will bring you the right words when it's time to talk to the boys and I pray for your strength through this awfully difficult time. Please give Tony my love!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so very sorry Christy....my heart aches for your family. I have no words, only prayers for both strength and comfort. If there is anything you need please reach out. You all are loved dearly by so many!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Christy, so sad, lots of love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Omg Christy . . . Tony . . . the boys . . . No words can express how I’m sure you are feeling. I love you guys and y’all are in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  20. As tears are rolling down face I have no words to express to you and your boys and tony that will take away yalls pain away but I'm so sorry this is happening to y'all!! My thoughts and prayers are with y'all daily!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Christy, there are no words that can heal Tony or make the pain you and your family are feeling go away. This disease is unforgiving and elusive, but together we will not give up fighting for better treatments and a cure.

    ReplyDelete